What's new

Feedback Do you still believe that there's a higher power?

jaw9090

Honorary Poster
Established
I grew up in a christian family and church has been part of my life since birth. I mean, there's no way I can avoid it- my mom is basically like a pastor or was at some point- it's my home.

And growing up, I dreamt of becoming a musician at our church as I really loved music. And I did become one when I reached high school. I played the piano and guitar. I even became a worship leader towards the end of my church life.

But after all that, I've always felt empty. In the outside I was seen as a faithful leader of the church and a great member of the music team. But I've always felt like I was singing for no one.

"Do gods really exist?"- The doubt has always been there even before I seriously took part in our church's ministry. But I've always dismissed it as an attack from the devil. So I went on for years singing and playing in the church even with that at the back of my mind.

Til pandemic happened. It gave me an excuse to not attend the service. And along with the service, I started to miss my prayers. Once a month of not attending church became twice. Twice became a whole month. Whole month became years.

And here I am today. I'm no more a musician or a worship leader but the doubt that was present in me since the beginning is still here with me.

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question: do they really exist?

doubting everything is a must if you want to acquire more knowledge, finding errors is the key, wag magpaniwala sa mga negosyanteng religion

to answer your question, they may be existing but as long as there is no evidence showing their existence then the "maybe" ground is the safest

doubting everything is a must if you want to acquire more knowledge, finding errors is the key, wag magpaniwala sa mga negosyanteng religion

to answer your question, they may be existing but as long as there is no evidence showing their existence then the "maybe" ground is the safest
Totoo to. Nakakaawa ang mga members na isang kahig isang tuka pero sinisikap pa rin na may maibigay na "offering" o "tithes" sa simbahan.

The "maybe" ground is my safe place for now also.

Salamat sa response :)