What's new

"Discerning physical state and spiritual state about fear or anxiety"

gold199220

Addict
Reaction
Just one of my recent devotions.

I'll start with the phrase "Do not be afraid" which was written in The Bible 365 Times.
There's this thing that triggers in the part of our brain called the reptilian brain which can be derived from our primitive/survival instincts - one of them can be referred to as the "Amygdala hijack". This occurs when strong emotions “take over” the thinking part of your brain.
The best way to prevent an amygdala hijack is to understand what things trigger the reaction so you can avoid them or at least recognize them. Alternatively, you can use practices like mindfulness and align with Christ-consciousness to help you better control your body's responses when you feel the reaction.
Isa sa examples na mabibigay ko is kapag bigla na lang ako napapamura sa isang bagay. Halimbawa, susubukan kong lumabas tas biglang sasabay sa paglabas yung aso naming makulit.
Hindi ako nagalit dahil lumabas ang aso at makulit sila, pero nagalit ako kasi natakot ako na baka kung anong sabihin ng kapitbahay, na baka magdumi sila or manghabol or manahol ng tao or makaperwisyo.
If you notice, the trigger was actually because of the possible effect and not merely by the cause.
Another one is the unconscious triggers. This is the most important one because I see this in many people, especially those who get drained easily in social settings.
Ito yung mga bagay na hindi natin basta napapasin like nakaamoy tayo ng something na nakakapagpaalala sa namayapa nating minamahal sa buhay or nakarinig tayo ng usapan na nakakapagpaalala sa atin sa masaklap na pangyayari sa buhay natin na akala natin ay balewala lang pero unconsciously nagtrigger sa atin. Ito yung dahilan kaya minsan magagalitin tayo or minsan parang down pakiramdam natin pero may nakapagpatrigger pala.
Hindi madali pero maari nating marecognize ang mga ito kapag nagpray and meditate tayo.
(Sa ibang beliefs, they termed it as negative energy pero the more I study the Bible and Science, mas nagkakaroon ng distinction)
Lastly is the rooted physical belief or foothold. This one is the absence of consideration.
Example is kapag naglalaro tayo at nagtitrigger yung anger emotions natin kasi may fear tayo na matalo. May times na ibiblame ang kasamahan and so on..
Ego is one of the best example din thinking na dapat ganito or dapat ganyan.
These physical aspects that have a foothold in our lives can also determine the fine line course of our physical and spiritual growth.
There are Bible verses na tsaka ko lang narerealize na beneficial pala only to find out the reason behind it.
So everytime na nakakakita ako ng krimen, I don't look at the physical aspect lang pero what caused them to do that and what is rooted underneath. Sama mo na yung masamang pag-uugali or narcissism and so on..
Empathy is not enough by just walking in else's shoes because we have different depths of love and understanding.
Naaamaze pa din ako how God loves us despite our limited understandings. And how Christ-consciousness helps us recognize things that we just despise.

It is interesting how you framed christianity or religiosity as the polar opposite of the so-called reptilian brain.

Sa context ng pagpapaliwanag mo, you are defining reptilian brain as our reflexive tendency to events. Tanong ko lang.. how does religiosity or christianity differ from a this tendency? As a whole, religions seems to historically be a reflexive tendency of people to explain things that are difficult to explain due to lack of knowledge and understanding. Doesn't that mean religion are created to hijack these tendency to make people behave a certain way, wether it is good or bad?