What's new

Help Carrier aggregation 3Ca vs 5ca

deathroll

Addict
Established
guys ask ko lang kung bakit mas okay si 3CA kesa sa 5CA. may nabasa kasi ako na mas okay daw si 3CA kesa sa 5CA, pero hindi na explain kung bakit.

Solution
Don't forget to take into consideration the base station, aka signal tower, of the mobile network service provider when talking about higher CAs.

In the same way that buying a 5G device doesn't guarantee 5G performance in an area where the towers aren't configured to provide 5G access, the same goes for carrier aggregation. The tower dictates how many bands the device will aggregate (that the device CAN support), not the other way around.

So you might be impressed of 5CA (Cat.18) or even 6CA (Cat.20) LTE devices and how much theoretical bandwidth you think you could get from those, but with the current situation here where I have yet to see an area where towers provide more than 2CA or Cat.6 of LTE service.

Sa madaling salita po...
Don't forget to take into consideration the base station, aka signal tower, of the mobile network service provider when talking about higher CAs.

In the same way that buying a 5G device doesn't guarantee 5G performance in an area where the towers aren't configured to provide 5G access, the same goes for carrier aggregation. The tower dictates how many bands the device will aggregate (that the device CAN support), not the other way around.

So you might be impressed of 5CA (Cat.18) or even 6CA (Cat.20) LTE devices and how much theoretical bandwidth you think you could get from those, but with the current situation here where I have yet to see an area where towers provide more than 2CA or Cat.6 of LTE service.

Sa madaling salita po, kahit gumastos ng mas mahal para sa 6CA device, kung sa lugar na paggamitan ay 2CA lamang kayang i-service ng towers, isang mamahaling 2CA device ang magiging ending ng 6CA na ito. Of course you get a device that can support more than 2CA configuration, but if you're going to use it here, the question becomes where to best use it, and maybe even when?

So if you want to be practical, then opt for a 5G device instead of a similarly priced 6CA but 4G+ LTE-A only device because 5G will get you improvements when coverage is achieved almost nationwide, if your area is not yet 5G already.

Last edited:
Solution