Closed About friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

menin

Forum Guru
Established
Reaction
What is friendship?
Friendship is different things to different people. To me a friendship involves trust, communication, understanding, loyalty, support, empathy, and intimacy. A true friend is someone you can trust, tell secrets to knowing they will take those secrets to the death, relax and be yourself with, and know so well that their faults are no longer thought of as faults just as idiosyncrasies.

So how do you build a friendship such as this? You begin by sharing a bit of yourself. A private thought or feeling will do. If the person what to be a friend they will share back. If they don't, move on, there are many, many people out there that would love to be your friend. Make sure you pay attention when the other person is sharing. You need to be there not only physically but you need to make contact, and focus on what the person is saying.

As you become closer you will find there is more talking and sharing. Remember whatever you two discuss needs to stay between the two of you. This is the way you build up trust. You cannot have a friendship without being able to trust the other person to keep your secrets. The base of friendship is trust and loyalty.

Keep in mind that a friendship does not happen overnight. Not the true, lasting, lifelong type of friendship. It takes time to build the intimancy, trust, loyalty, and special communication that makes up this special type of friendship. I have heard that to build a true lasting friendship it takes at the very least three years. It seems to me that's pretty accurate.

Sa sobrang sakit ng nadarama ko sa pusot isipan ko palagi ko siyang naalala at eto yun

henji

Meet my long lost friend :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.