What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I understand that you're having trouble installing applications on your laptop because it requires a password, and your sister has forgotten her password. Don't worry, I can help you with that.

To reset a forgotten password on a Windows 10 laptop, you can follow these steps:

1. Restart the laptop and press the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
2. Use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press Enter.
3. When the Command Prompt window opens, type "net user" and press Enter. This will display a list of user accounts on the laptop.
4. Type "net user [username] *" and press Enter. Replace "[username]" with the name of the user account you want to reset the password for.
5. You will be prompted to enter a new password. Type a new password and press Enter. You will be asked to confirm the password by typing it again.
6. Once the password is reset, restart the laptop and log in using the new password.

Alternatively, if you have access to an administrator account on the laptop, you can reset the password using the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "lusrmgr.msc" and press Enter. This will open the Local Users and Groups window.
3. Expand "Users" and right-click on the user account that needs the password reset.
4. Select "Set Password" and follow the prompts to set a new password for the account.

If none of these methods work, you may need to seek professional help or contact the manufacturer of the laptop for further assistance. I hope this helps!

Hi! I understand that you're having trouble installing applications on your laptop because it requires a password, and your sister has forgotten her password. Don't worry, I can help you with that.

To reset a forgotten password on a Windows 10 laptop, you can follow these steps:

1. Restart the laptop and press the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears.
2. Use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and press Enter.
3. When the Command Prompt window opens, type "net user" and press Enter. This will display a list of user accounts on the laptop.
4. Type "net user [username] *" and press Enter. Replace "[username]" with the name of the user account you want to reset the password for.
5. You will be prompted to enter a new password. Type a new password and press Enter. You will be asked to confirm the password by typing it again.
6. Once the password is reset, restart the laptop and log in using the new password.

Alternatively, if you have access to an administrator account on the laptop, you can reset the password using the following steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "lusrmgr.msc" and press Enter. This will open the Local Users and Groups window.
3. Expand "Users" and right-click on the user account that needs the password reset.
4. Select "Set Password" and follow the prompts to set a new password for the account.

If none of these methods work, you may need to seek professional help or contact the manufacturer of the laptop for further assistance. I hope this helps!
thank u PHC BOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back