What's new

1 Corinthians 6:11

Swimmah

Forum Guru
Elite
Reaction
1 Corinthians 6:11 (KJV) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Have you ever compared your sins to someone else's sins? We know we should not do so, but we often fall into this comparison trap. However, we know that God extends forgiveness to all those who sin – even those who have sinned differently than you. Even those with the "dirtiest" sins may be "washed" clean. Those who place their trust in Jesus Christ and seek his forgiveness will be forgiven and sanctified through his name. The next time you are tempted to judge someone else's past against your own, resist! We have all been justified through Christ!

Dear God, it is easy to fall into comparison and believe that one sinner is worse than another. But, thank you, Lord, that your forgiveness extends beyond our human understanding. Your son's blood washed and covered all our sins – hallelujah! This heavenly justification is hard to understand, but help me to remember that your love knows no human boundaries. When I am tempted to revisit sin, remind me that I have been sanctified and set apart. May my life honor all you have done for me. In Jesus' name, amen.