What's new

Stories What Can a God Do

WhatMV

Eternal Poster
Reaction
What Can a God Do?
MGL Emvie

Vale gazed at Azrya Woodlands. The purple flame ravaged the sacred forest. Black mist danced over the flame turning all into embers and ashes.

"Stop! I've come for you!" Vale shouted.

"Brother..." Valir replied and laughed. He raised his arms a ball of flame shoots towards Vale.

While Vale hovers on the air, he called the magic in the wind. His majestic robe flapped to enjoy the surge of power but his arms and eyes remained rigid.

"You give me no choice."

Vale conjured a massive tornado and unleashed devastating to Valir. The flames shots of Valir dissipated in thin air so the flame wizard conjured more power.

"Aaargh!" Valir screamed. Purple flames now burns throughout his body

It's like five years ago when Valir stumbled upon a village in the Land of Despair. The pitiful life and the pain that the folk suffers caught his heart so he offered his help to ease their fear and secure their lives. Being a flame magic lord, the task was easy as a pie. The Abyss nor the Necrokeep undeads venture the domain he protects. So for two brief years, the safety and hope returned in the villager's eyes. They thought the the Land of Despair will once again see a flourishing village.

Valir loved the harmony. He comes to see a time free of thinking wars and fighting but the desire to grow, love, and prosper. There's peace and no evil until one day, as Valir meditates on a bluff overlooking the pulsating rocks on the south, he caught sight of a gliding demon emanating evil aura.

Valir sensed pure evil so he quickly conjured flames on his hands to destroy the pulsating rocks, he thought a demon's den. But the villagers saw him conjured flame.

"A demon of the highest order!" they screamed. They raised their sword and cursed Valir so terrible that their words and actions broke the flame mage's heart.

Valir, disheartened, cast a spell flame that swipe the entire village like a tsunami. That time, Valir realized that even though he showed them good, they're undeserving. "The ungrateful shall die."

Valir turned bitter and was called demon lord from then on.

On the other side, Vale was meditating in the Sky Everlasting, where the sun never goes down and where the moon always accompany the day. He was controlling his inner peace to reduce his destructive impulse since he listens to the whispers of the wind.

"Lumina City?" "--thriving in all aspects of life as usual. They lead good lives so the gods blessed them gifts to combat evil but how could they be so rotten? Greed. Lust. Pride. Thirst for power? It's brewing in their hearts. Could peace be a poison?"

With eyes closed, Valir saw a spark in the dim --a familiar spark that often appear in the Abyss *****.

"Maybe. Evil like Abyss is needed in the Land of Dawn to prove equality exist. To eliminate Abyss and evil in the world is to turn the balance scale in favor of the followers of the Lord of Light. Wouldn't it become the very definition of inequality?" Vale thought.

Vale wished not for the cruel evil to win nor for the influence of the Lord of Light to spread in the world. The citizen of Lumina City proved that evil lurks in all people, so does goodness. Unfortunately, the Lord of Light held no direct power in the hearts of people so the peace of the world do not depend on his power, grace, and curses nor on the total silence from chaos and destruction that the Lord of the Abyss desired. Therefore, if things hold true for such beings, what can a god do?

Again, the wind whispers. The sacred forest of Azrya Woodlands is burning! The purple flames threatens extreme destruction. Vale gazed at the wind and realized the familiarity of the flame magic. To check his suspicion, he rushed to see the perpetrator of such ruin. He thought at first it's the Abyss but it's his sworn brother. Valir.

"I'll burn evil from this world!" Valir said.

"Evil as they may be, people's heart change. If you kill them, you deprive them of such opportunity as change."

Vale waved his arms to dissipate Valir's magic like a smoke disturbed. "Your magic will not work!"

"I know your tricks." Valir retorted.

Valir and Vale conjured powerful magic on their hands. A scale of great magnitude.

Nevertheless, armies appeared from all directions. Lead by the Lightborns, humans gathered to march from the North. The Abyss with their superior land and air army arched in formation in the South. Moreover, King Minsitthar, the Valkyries, and the Pirates Confederation covered the coastals of Izirea. Cruise, warships, and battleship scattered in the Eastern Seas as numerous as the stars. The scholars and the magician schools finally work alongside to defend the land. It's a grand alliance.

"You gods plan to destroy the world, we're here to stop it!" Silvana, on the helm of the Lightborn Army, exclaimed.

"You've got it wrong, human." Valir replied.

"So what does this mean?" Estes said, weaving gestures to show the destruction of his territory. "You two are definitely evil."

"The Lord of the Abyss wished total domination. The Lord don't plan to share power with you. So begone!" Alice exclaimed.

"We are evil?" Valir said, sounding disheartened. He and Vale locked gaze.

Vale nodded and that alarmed the entire coalition of army. They thought it's a signal of some assault. They clasped their spells and weapons but the two powerful being just vanished in thin air. Their presence ultimately disappeared.

Investigation ended hours later until they confirm the two's disappearance. But the armies continue to face each other.

"What now? Do you want to continue?" Alice said taunting the human army with his agile demon forces.

"No we'll retreat. Echo this order on all banners!" Silvana said.

"What a waste of time." Alice replied.

Author's Note: "Thanks for reading! Let me write much more interesting and beautiful stories. Tell me your opinions, constructive criticism, and thoughts about this story. Comment which parts are funny, boring, and interesting. Finally, give me idea if this story became relatable in your life experience. Enjoy!

To my
PHC readers, I love that you react in the story that I thought so hard to write. But please, I wish for you to comment your thoughts other than "thanks." Your comment, positive or negative, will be welcomed and it will inspire me to write more and improve even better. Long live the readers! Let's train our minds and imagination!