What's new

Closed RIP, Gina Lopez

Status
Not open for further replies.
1566177677572.png

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, August 19) — Former Environment Secretary Regina Paz "Gina" Lopez died on Monday after battling brain cancer, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. said. She was 65.

She served as Environment Chief for several months after she was appointed by President Rodrigo Duterte in 2016. Her appointment was however rejected by the Commission on Appointments in March 2017 amid issues over her controversial policies, among them, the closure of mining operations found to have violated environmental laws.

Prior to her Cabinet appointment, the environmental advocate served as the chairperson of the ABS-CBN Foundation Inc., the socio civic arm of ABS-CBN. She also spearheaded the Bantay Bata 163, a child welfare program that protects disadvantaged and at-risk children.

Lopez also founded Bantay Kalikasan, a program that advocates for the protection of the environment, where she championed the restoration of the La Mesa Watershed and rehabilitation of Pasig River. For these achievements, she was appointed in 2010 as the Chairperson of the Pasig River Rehabilitation Commission.

She was also named Vice Chairperson of ABS-CBN Bayan Foundation, which provides microfinance assistance to micro-entrepreneurs.

ABS-CBN said that in lieu of flowers and mass card, the family is requesting that donations be made to the ABS-CBN Foundation.

She is survived by her two sons.

This is a developing story.

1566177797062.png

Attachments

RIP. at least di na siya maghihirap dito sa mundo. She's a good woman and i know that she's happy with the Lord right now . 🙂

She was the only good one in the duterte administration... but it did not last long as duterte himself had her appointment revoked by the commission :mad:

She was the only good one in the duterte administration... but it did not last long as duterte himself had her appointment revoked by the commission :mad:
How can you say that Duterte should be the one to die? or should I say that duterte is evil. why?

How can you say that Duterte should be the one to die? or should I say that duterte is evil. why?
It was in reaction to the 2 who said "dapat De Lima nalang" or " Pnoy nalang"... did you notice the emoji ?
So for you, it's ok to say that De Lima or Pnoy could have died instead of her, but not duterte...
Actually, even if I despise the madman I will not wish his death... I never wish the death of anyone, even my worst enemy!

It was in reaction to the 2 who said "dapat De Lima nalang" or " Pnoy nalang"... did you notice the emoji ?
So for you, it's ok to say that De Lima or Pnoy could have died instead of her, but not duterte...
Actually, even if I despise the madman I will not wish his death... I never wish the death of anyone, even my worst enemy!
sorry if I misread your emoji. It so painfun for me saying those words saying "Duterte should die" well in fact here in Davao City we can see the Goodness and Progress of davao city of Duterte dynasty. Well, good to hear that you have a good heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.