What's new

Closed THE PHILIPPINES IS DOWN FOR THE COUNT . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

And the count is at six.

The Philippine government’s appeasement with China is one of the world’s most self-destructive historical moments. China is sitting in Philippine seas blocking Filipino fishermen from food sources and You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. It is a royal disaster promising long-term devastation . . . done by China, yes . . . but enabled by the Philippines.

The government has stopped defending Filipinos in favor of China. The government incredibly took the side of the Chinese ship that rammed a Filipino fishing vessel rather than the 22 Filipinos left for dead as the Chinese boat sailed away. The government refused to defend Hong Kong Immigration’s harassment of a former Filipino cabinet secretary. It criticized him for criticizing China.

The leadership lacks a sense of nationhood. Blames and excuses are the rules of the day. Not unity, not pride, not the notion of “being Filipino”. Leaders align with plunderers and liars over skilled public servants. Competence is out. Favoritism and impunity are in. Investors know corruption is the pathway to success. Many of them go elsewhere to invest.

Filipino citizens exist to be used, not protected or promoted. Chinese workers are invited into the country and, under contractual deals approved by the Philippines, ρáíd six times what a Filipino worker would receive for that same job. Meanwhile, Filipinos suffer in poverty from the lack of good-paying jobs or the training that would qualify them for those jobs.

The deadly drug war has seated murder as an acceptable form of conflict resolution as police have killed thousands with no accounting for the innocence of victims or checks on unreasonable use of force. Children are often among the dead. Private executions for hire are common. Elections are violent. The unstable situation unnerves allies and investors. Drugs continue to flow in. They are cheap, they are everywhere. This is China’s opium war, deployed as a strategy.

The President cannot shake the accusations that his staff and family are complicit in smuggling and drugs.

The Philippines is the regional bull's eye for typhoons from July through January. Storms are relentless, wiping out homes, crops, and citizens. Preparation is weak and reconstruction a rat’s nest of corruption and incompetence. One city, destroyed by bombings to root out a band of terrorists, has been completely written off because local officials did not want China heading the project to re-design the city. The President got in a snit about it and cut off reconstruction funding.

Modern buildings and transportation services are rare. Dilapidation, congestion, crime, dirt, beggars, thieves, red tape, the arrogance of officials . . . these remain too often the character of the Philippines.

The Pearl of Asia is pretty much a dead clam these days, an empty shell sitting in a Beijing jewelry shop.

Is there any hope at all? Any reason for optimism?

Well, yes, yes, I suppose there is.

The count is only six.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Attachments

Yet all we blame are the ones seated... Filipinos think that their nothing but a servant, a small speck of dust, and or a nuisance of the streets. This has been the Philippines problem long before, Jose Rizal's first mission was for Spain to recognize the Philippines as a province and not to overthrow the ruthless governing body. I believe that Singapore grew not just because of a good governance but to the sheer will of their people to become a better country.

Im not a pro-Duterte, i could see the lies and deceptions... But arent we and all our ancestors all to blame?

Last edited:
Yet all we blame are the ones seated... Filipinos think that their nothing but a servant, a small speck of dust, and or a nuisance of the streets. This has been the Philippines problem long before, Jose Rizal's first mission was for Spain to recognize the Philippines as a province and not to overthrow the ruthless governing body. I believe that Singapore grew not just because of a good governance but to the * will of their people to become a better country.

Im not a prô-Duterte, i could see the lies and deceptions... But arent we and all our ancestors all to blame?
I do agree with you, although I'm not sure that we should blame our ancestors... It's easy to judge History but, at that time, how you, we, I would have reacted?

But I blame us, now, for our apathy... people are stuck on their social media and don't see anymore what happens in real life... we belong to a time of narcissism and selfishness. This is true for many countries but especially for the Philippines. Filipinos are #1 FB users in the world (because it's free), they accept everything fed to them thru FB, all the lies... they just switched off their brain, forget what is empathy, compassion and let duterte destroy our country, our values. Duterte has succeeded in bringing out the worst in many in this country.
Thousand people died, our country is given on a silver platter to china... and nobody moves!! In any other country in the world, people will rally by hundreds of thousands in the streets... Are Filipinos cowards?

Last edited:
Then go have a war where you cannot even win, douchebag.
Why the need to insult people? See, exactly what I said kanina "Duterte has succeeded in bringing out the worst in many in this country."
Who is talking about war?? duterte only... and gullible people believe him. There is no risk of war with china (as I think you are referring to china) even if we sink their boats (as we should do). All our neighbors are sinking chinese boats who are illegally fishing in their waters. Does china go to war with them?? No...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back