What's new

React or VueJS

lobaloba000

Addict
Reaction
pa help naman po, kung anong magandang ipursue dito sa dalawa.
VueJS or ReactJS

Maraming salamat Thank you thankyou!;)

what are those pros and cons sir?

I'll give you my BIAS opinion but also based on ACTUAL PRODUCTION experience.

Why am I bias?
  • Because I prefer React already and had been using it for years in production and side projects
  • I've never used VueJs in production work but I've played with it

Pros of React (but not necessarily just for React):
  • In the US, there's a big demand for devs with React experience. So job-wise, you have an edge. Last time I made a search, for every 1 VueJs posting, there's like 5 to 10 React postings.
  • Declarative programming of UI
  • Backed by Facebook and really smart engineers who are actively posting guides and videos.
  • A vibrant and active community where you can get help. This is important because there will be multiple times where you would need help (this is true for any library or framework you use)
  • A thriving plugin / package / tooling ecosystem. It's important that we don't have to rewrite every tool from scratch
  • There's the create react app script to boot up an app
  • It's battle-tested in production
  • React emphasizes unidirectional flow of data
  • It has JSX for declaring components (this is probably a con to some devs but it's a pro to me).
  • A lot of developers are really interested in React
  • React is more mature than Vue (but I'm not sure if that really makes a huge difference)

At the end of the day if I am a new developer who doesn't know VueJs or React and I am required to choose one, I would personally look for what's commonly recommended among my fellow developers and what's hot in the market. (I'm in the US by the way)

Often when I ask those two questions, the usual answer is React, Angular, or Vue. If I press them harder, they will say React or Angular.

Does it really make any difference? It will make any difference if you have. a team who doesn't like one framework over the other. My previous team liked Angular MORE than React. I have a good deal experience with Angular and it's not my cup of tea. But since I am the team lead, I pushed forward with React and so the team used React.

The problem is my team used React as if it was Angular. So at the end of the project, all I see are constructs for Angular. It was a mess. The lesson here is even if the technology is cool, make sure you have a buy-in with your fellow developers.

By the way I was recently on a process of finding a better paying job (and I got one that I like so far).

Most of the jobs I applied with are full stack and they are all looking for someone with knowledge in React.

I'll share some of the interview questions and coding exercises that we're asked on me (This is a collection of all the questions from various companies I interviewed with)

1. What state management do you use to manage data in your React? Explain.

2. Using plain JavaScript, find how many words are in a sentence. The assumption is the sentence might have special characters like newline and breaks.

3. Using React, create a login form that accepts username and password. Pretend there's backend endpoint but you still need to call the fake endpoint from your React app.

4. Using plain JavaScript, traverse a child of paragraph from a child of divs etc.

5. What's your take on React Hooks vs Redux?

6. Do you have an example web app that's written in React that we can check online? (You better have a working project).

7. What is JavaScript and what is NodeJs? How does NodeJs employ concurrency?

8. Using plain JavaScript, can you describe inheritance in JS. What's prototype vs proto

9. How do you create ES6 classes with inheritance and what's the equivalent of those in ES5. Show an example.

By the way I was recently on a process of finding a better paying job (and I got one that I like so far).

Most of the jobs I applied with are full stack and they are all looking for someone with knowledge in React.

I'll share some of the interview questions and coding exercises that we're asked on me (This is a collection of all the questions from various companies I interviewed with)

1. What state management do you use to manage data in your React? Explain.

2. Using plain JavaScript, find how many words are in a sentence. The assumption is the sentence might have special characters like newline and breaks.

3. Using React, create a login form that accepts username and password. Pretend there's backend endpoint but you still need to call the fake endpoint from your React app.

4. Using plain JavaScript, traverse a child of paragraph from a child of divs etc.

5. What's your take on React Hooks vs Redux?

6. Do you have an example web app that's written in React that we can check online? (You better have a working project).

7. What is JavaScript and what is NodeJs? How does NodeJs employ concurrency?

8. Using plain JavaScript, can you describe inheritance in JS. What's prototype vs proto

9. How do you create ES6 classes with inheritance and what's the equivalent of those in ES5. Show an example.
very well said, thank you sir. Now my mind is clear

A - Oldest, Hard to learn, too many version, hard to migrate, Most job offered, Heavyweight
V - Young, Popular, Easy to learn, Least job offered, easy migrate to any version, Lighweight
R - Backup by facebook, Middle weight, Most Popular

A - Oldest, Hard to learn, too many version, hard to migrate, Most job offered, Heavyweight
V - Young, Popular, Easy to learn, Least job offered, easy migrate to any version, Lighweight
R - Backup by facebook, Middle weight, Most Popular
thanks!

Hello, I'm new here lol. Glad to see this forum. @topic If you code using PHP frameworks i.e. CodeIgniter or Laravel, Symfony etc. I definitely recommend VueJS since very organized and lean and coding pattern niya. I started studying React 2 years ago but by the time na nasa JSX part na ko ng walkthrough mejo na-disappoint ako since magkahalo yung HTML markup and JavaScript which is not my cup of tea, parang masyadong cluttered yung end codebase ng ginawa kong app. Now I completely forgot what I learned in React lol. Then I started learning Angular and then meron syang Directives (which I really like) para mas mabilis mag manipulat sa HTML markup and separation of concerns is the main thing here, however sobrang bigat at kelangan pa mag-aral ng TypeScript which I didn't like also. Then I started learning Vuejs since hot topic sya sa PHP community sa YøùTùbé, especially sa Laravel community. Then I decided to purchase Vuejs course sa Udemy and I think mas flexible sya since you can choose different ways kung pano mo integrate sa project mo. Pwede syang pang full blown (SPA) or modular component based sa website mo if piling parte lang ang lalagyan mo ng Vue.

So for me.

• If you have the time, then learn both.
  • If you code only in JavaScript, learn React
  • If you use PHP framework as the backend, learn Vue
  • Job offers (learn React or Angular) however dumadami na rin Vue jobs
  • If you do freelance and you have your own choice of which to choose (Use Vue)
  • If you want separation of concerns and cleaner code then Vue

Mas maganda nag react js. pwede kang magtransition from web development to android/ios (react native).
also medyo napagiiwanan na din ang php. madaming websites ang nagamit ng Javascript as back-end thru node.

Hindi naman.. 30% of websites gawa sa wordpress. Laravel Framework din madalas sa job portals. Sa freelance community naman ang lawak ng Wordpress demand