What's new

Closed Applications of Indefinite Integral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferocity

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Pa help dito mga master, puro pang physics na solution nakukuha ko sa google e.
"1. a body thrown vertically upward from the ground reaches a height of 48 ft in one second. find how high the body will rise. "

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

If the body has reached 48ft and you wanna know the height it reached, then isn't 48ft the obvious answer?

Now if you wanna be a little bit smarter, you coukd subtract your height and arms length when you threw the ball because technically the starting point is when you released the ball and not frkm the ground.

Now we know it's not a person who threw the ball but some kind of mechanism then the same idea should apply.

Do we really need integral to determine the solution here or am I missing the point of the prohlem?

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here.

If the body has reached 48ft and you wanna know the height it reached, then isn't 48ft the obvious answer?

Now if you wanna be a little bit smarter, you coukd subtract your height and arms length when you threw the ball because technically the starting point is when you released the ball and not frkm the ground.

Now we know it's not a person who threw the ball but some kind of mechanism then the same idea should apply.

Do we really need integral to determine the solution here or am I missing the point of the prohlem?
the height given is the velocity. Where it reaches 48ft in 1 sec. The problem itself is looking for the height where velocity reaches zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.