What's new

Closed Ano pong mas maganda Computer engineer o It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notice404

Forum Veteran
Elite
Reaction
Mas mahirap po ba ang Computer engineer kaysa sa IT?
Tanong ko lng po sana may makatulong sakin..

Definition:

Computer engineering is a branch of engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electronic engineering required to develop computer hardware and software.
A computer engineer, also called a software engineer, is responsible for developing, testing and evaluating the software that make our computers work. They may help in the development of new computer games and business applications, or even in the design of entirely new operating systems.

Information technology is the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems—particularly software applications and computer hardware.

hindi yan na base sa korso,,, kundi sa paaralan..kung paano nila ituturo.. ang computer engineering.. kasi ang programming.. complicado po yan.

For me? just followed your PASSiON. kung alin talaga yung gusto mo! kasi kahit pasukin mupa yang i.t either Eng.? dika parin magiging succesfull sa field na pinasukan mo! pag wala kang passion sa ginagawa mo.

tldr: It depends on a lot of factors.

1. Check the curriculum's description. Some schools will claim they offer Computer Engineering but at the heart of it, it's really more of IT. Some schools will also claim they have Computer Science but at the end of the day they are only offering Computer Sayang.

2. Check the reputation of the school that you're planning to attend to. Read online reviews. This might not be an accurate feedback but it will give you a ballpark of where things are in that school.

3. Survey online which one offers the best job opportunity. I think whether you go IT, Comp Eng or Comp Sci or even without a computer degree (as long as you know how to develop software decently), you will have a varied selection of job opportunities.

4. The country where you reside also plays a big factor. If you are in the Philippines, last time I was there, Computer Engineering degree seems to have better reputation than just "IT" (though I suspect most people don't even know the difference). Also more popular school gives like UP, UST, La Salle gives you an edge in landing that job compare to someone who came from an unknown school.

Here in the US, where I am at now, degrees are of secondary importance. The employers don't even care if you have a degree or not. They only care if you are legal to work and if you can program (do the work).

So which is more difficult? IT or Computer Engineering. My father always tells me, "Kahit ano mahirap kapag hindi mo alam."

Walang mahirap at madali. They differs in study. CoE is more of a hardware and software architecture while IT is more of a information systems architecture and implementations. Most of the time, it doesnt matter kung IT ka or CoE. dipende na lang sa ina-apply-an mo, lalo na pag programming position, sama-sama jan ang IT at CoE sa iisang trabaho, Developer.

Status
Not open for further replies.