What's new

Closed Duterte declares lease contracts by wealthy groups on gov’t lands cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
The President also prohibited any more lease and acquisition of government lands by the private sector, saying he intends to give away these lands to agrarian reform beneficiaries for the remainder of his term.

Duterte said:
“My order to the DAR (Department of Agrarian Reform), since I still have three years remaining, is to give away all the lands to the people. That is what I intend to do,” Duterte said during the PDP-Laban campaign rally in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon last Saturday.

“The rich multinationals who acquired leases on many lands, those leases have expired. If they haven’t yet, consider it cancelled because your lands are now under land reform,” he said in taking back the government lands.

“There will be no acquisition. You can no longer purchase land from the government and leases have expired because land reform is being implemented,” he said.

“The people will receive lands from the government. It will really be implemented whether you agree with it or not,” he added.

“I’m not angry at the rich but I’ve already told you that I am for the people,” he said.

Source: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Ano masasabi nyo dito guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back