What's new

Closed Php framework

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobaloba000

Addict
Reaction
I came from nodejs (expressjs) gusto ko sana mag switch from nodejs to php framework sa tingin nyo? is it worth? triny ko laravel but I failed, bakit? kasi hindi ko makuha yung gusto kong output. then nagpalit ako ng framework which is CodeIgniter, okay rin naman codeigniter. btw gumagawa kasi ako ng system and need ko ng mabilis na output, beat the deadline kumbaga? aside from php framework ano pang maganda aside from laravel or kung nodejs man anong framework mas okay gamitin instead of expressjs?

share your thoughts! Thank you in advance :)

wordpress.. easiest.. haha

or reactjs tapos puro nalang api gamitin mo.. para mas mabilis na lahat.. puro nalang client side..

lobaloba000 My honest opinion is stick with Nodejs. Your future is brighter with JavaScript. I used to be a PHP expert but I turned my ways towards Node and Java/Spring (now I'm turning towards Go). Is there something that Node can't do for you?

What output are you expecting from Php and Node? Those are server side languages and backend runtime environment respectively.

If you are referring to the HTML output, whether you use Php, Java, Node,, Go, Rust, C, C++, C#, Foo, Bar, Bat, Baz, etc, it won't help you. Frontend design and development is entirely a different beast compare to backend development.

When it comes to frontend, the big three are HTML, CSS, and JAVASCRIPT. The biggest draw of Node is you use the same language both for the frontend and backend: JavaScript. With other languages, well you have to learn both JavaScript and that second backend language, i.e Php, Java.

At least here in the USA, there's more buzz and discussion on Node than Php. In fact the last time I heard Php was being discussed from where I am was back when I was in the Philippines LOL. So that means Php is virtually invisible at least from where I am (I am not saying its true in the entire USA).

Also I want to dispel the myth that a particular language will make your output faster in terms of beating the deadline.

To beat the deadline what you need at least is good planning, good prioritization of stories and task, competent team. I guarantee you if you are rushing things, there's something that you are missing (unless you are willing to sacrifice those and you have a client with a simpleton mind ---then in that case anything should be fine).

Also read this article You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

I suggest you read the comments on that article too. Also when looking for support online, beware of "Confirmation Bias". I'm saying this because all of us, including me, are susceptible to confirmation bias. So do your research and decide for yourself.

At least personally, I am a convinced, NodeJs is the right way to go than Php. I loved Php back then but things changed.

Also read this article You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

I suggest you read the comments on that article too. Also when looking for support online, beware of "Confirmation Bias". I'm saying this because all of us, including me, are susceptible to confirmation bias. So do your research and decide for yourself.

At least personally, I am a convinced, NodeJs is the right way to go than Php. I loved Php back then but things changed.
what about Java EE and Spring are they widely used in industry? because my core foundation in programming is java

Mas okay sa akin ang code igniter. May project kami sa advance web development at yun ang ginamet ko na Php framework which is code igniter. Madali mahanap ang mga possible error or errors.

what about Java EE and Spring are they widely used in industry? because my core foundation in programming is java

In the Java world of web services, Spring is widely used in production but I don't hear much about Java EE (maybe my ears are biased). The biggest draw with Spring is they have clear documentation and they have multiple integration points and follow the same Spring paradigm. It's like if you know JavaScript on the frontend, you'll know JavaScript on the backend (via Node).

But honestly nowadays it's not whether you are Java, Php, Go etc. It's more about the concept of microservices, containers, orchestration etc.

Edit: Be careful when you search about Spring vs Java EE online, the debates are endless

In the Java world of web services, Spring is widely used in production but I don't hear much about Java EE (maybe my ears are biased). The biggest draw with Spring is they have clear documentation and they have multiple integration points and follow the same Spring paradigm. It's like if you know JavaScript on the frontend, you'll know JavaScript on the backend (via Node).

But honestly nowadays it's not whether you are Java, Php, Go etc. It's more about the concept of microservices, containers, orchestration etc.

Edit: Be careful when you search about Spring vs Java EE online, the debates are endless
interesting concepts, what are the keywords to search and read some articles in google?

Thx sa tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back