What's new

Closed Usb port not working after installing windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome Guest

Eternal Poster
Reaction
Mga master pa help naman po please. Malapit na reporting ko for thesis. Originall kasi windows 10 ung laptop ko. Then kinonvert ko ung partition to mbr from gpt. Then nag clean install ako ng windows 7. After ng installation pag sinaksakan ko ng any usb like external/flashdrive hindi siya ma detect pati na rin mouse and keyboard ko. May solution po ba dito? Hindi ko ma installan ng drivers kc nga hindi ma detect ung flashdrive kc ayaw ma detect ng mga ports. Drin ako maka wifi kc nd pa na installan ng drivers.

You said you had windows 10 installed... maybe your usb are usb 3.0, I believe windows 7 does not suppot usb 3.0 but I might be wrong... Anyway, if you go to device manager (right click the computer icon on your desktop and select manage, then go to device manager and look for usb port, right click and select "install" or "re-install" .
It's just an idea, I'm not a computer tech... but you can try!

You said you had windows 10 installed... maybe your usb are usb 3.0, I believe windows 7 does not suppot usb 3.0 but I might be wrong... Anyway, if you go to device manager (right click the computer icon on your desktop and select manage, then go to device manager and look for usb port, right click and select "install" or "re-install" .
It's just an idea, I'm not a computer tech... but you can try!
Wala pong usb port na nakalagay sa devmgt ko eh. Kahit naka show mga hidden devices

mukang Hindi na talaga supported ng laptop mo ang windows 7..check mo rin muna sa site ng brand ng laptop mo kung may pang windows 7 na driver. kung wala either bumalik ka na lang sa win10 kung san stable ang mga driver mo or try mo gumamit ng ibang bootable disk para lang ma paste yung mga driver na nahanap mo for win 7

Probably because you used GPT format and don't have a proper UEFI firmware on your laptop.

Go back to MBR .

A tip to anyone who wants to install a fresh installation of an OS especially Windows based OS'es. First check to the official manufacturers website if your device supports the OS you will be installing into it. Download the necessary drivers especially the LAN and WLAN drivers and keep a copy of it into your Flash drives or another partition of your HDD. It will save you a lot of time and hassle recovering from problems like these.

Like many other people said go to laptop manufacturer and download drivers there really. Or you should really learn something from you DVD which comes with it really and something will be done. But I bet Win 7 is 10 years old and USB 3.0 do not work there.

Hi..just use Asus EZ Installer software to create a usb installer, you need a working PC, a Windows 7 install disc or iso on that same computer, a flash drive and of course the software from Asus.

Status
Not open for further replies.