What's new

Closed Smartbro wps button stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

xerces8

Addict
Hi!

I am a tourist visiting Philippines and purchased a Smartbro FX PR3L pocket wifi. At the beginning the WPS button worked (I connected a smartphone by pushing the WPS button, no password entry was required), but then I went thru the quick setup in the smartbro settings to change the wifi password (it is the same for all units sold, so everyone could connect) and after that the WPS button does not work. Nothing happens when I push it. On all devices now I must enter the wifi password to connect.

If I go to the settings web GUI and there in the menu select "Add WPS client" that works. Just the physical button does not work.

The smartbro has the latest firmware (version14).

How to make the WPS button work again?

How To Setup Smart Bro LTE Pocket Wifi (Connect/Change Password/Reset/Upgrade) To automatically connect to the Internet:
1. Open the Network sharing icon which can be found in the bottom right corner of windows.
2. Click Smart Bro.
3. Click Connect.
4. This window pops up once you've set up your password for your device. Password security is recommended to protect your internet connection from unauthorized users.
5. Type the network Security key.
6. Click OK. To manually connect to the Internet:

ANDROID/iOS or PC

1. Open any browser (Chrome/FireFox/Opera/Safari)
2. Type the IP address provided on the product manual (ex. 192.168.1.1 or You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.) then press the Enter button.
3. Type the password (default password: smartbro)
4. Click Login.
5. Select WAN Connection.
6. Select Manual and choose whether to "Disconnect Internet" or "Connect Internet".
7. Click Apply to manually apply the changes.

To change Smart Bro LTE Pocket WiFi password:

1. Turn on your pocket wifi.
2. Using any wifi-enabled device, open your internet browser.
3. Go to 192.168.1.1 or You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
4. Type the password (default password: smartbro)
5. Find WiFi Settings.
6. You may now edit the SSID with your desired WiFi name and change the password as well.
7. Click Apply to manually apply the changes. To reset Smart Bro LTE Pocket WiFi password to default (smartbro): This procedure is very helpful when you forgot the password of your pocket wifi modem.

To reset the password to default which is smartbro, just follow these simple steps.

1. Turn on your pocket wifi.
2. After turning on, open its back part. 3. Find the 'RESET' mark, under that is the actual Reset button. Get a pin and push the reset button for about 5 seconds and wait until it restart.
4. Done! You've successfully reset the factory settings of Smart Bro LTE Pocket WiFi.

In the "Wireless Security Settings" page there is no option to enable or disable WPS. The only option related to WPS is to manually add a wifi client (via WPS).

Mystery solved!

The thing is, that the WPS button must be held for 2-3 seconds. Just a simple push is not enough.
When it is held long enough, the WiFi symbol on the display will start blinking. That means it works.

Regards,
xerces8

Status
Not open for further replies.