What's new

Closed Thoughts on the eco-friendly lifestyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink_skies

Honorary Poster
Reaction
UN recently released a statement that earth only has 12 years to fix/alleviate global warming. Now more than ever we should make it a conscious effort to include more eco-friendly practices in our daily lives. Minsan it could be as simple as bringing your own metal straw or reusable bag, also buying more organic products.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dapat tlga ban na yung mga non-bio plastic at gobierno dapat yung mag initiate nang change.

Climate change naman wala na tayo magagawa dyan, nsa kamay na yan nang mga big petro-oil at gobierno kung gusto tlga nila reverse yung effect nang global warming. Pero sa tingin ko malala na yung situation.

Dapat tlga ban na yung mga non-bio plastic at gobierno dapat yung mag initiate nang change.

Climate change naman wala na tayo magagawa dyan, nsa kamay na yan nang mga big petro-oil at gobierno kung gusto tlga nila reverse yung effect nang global warming. Pero sa tingin ko malala na yung situation.

I still have high hopes for this planet :(

To live a zero waste lifestyle would be beneficial both for the environment and the people however, there are many things to be considered regarding this matter. Say for example, in the Philippines, we have the "tingi/tinge" mode of buy/sell and we often use plastics for that. Even our shampoos and soap bars are in sachet packaging. Unlike the U.S. and European countries where zero plastic and bulk markets are available, there's none available here in the Philippines. Well I've seen one on Facebook but that's only in the city. I'm not saying na wag na tayong mag bawas ng plastic consumption; in fact we MUST. I just think that it would be best for huge commercial companies to work hand in hand with the government to lessen plastic production/consumption. In this way, more and more people will be encourage to do the same. Still, small actions such as bottle recycling/reusing would go a long way.

Peace and love on Earth

The problem rin kasi is we're a third-world country; not everyone can afford to buy in bulk, which is why major companies still sell sachets. It should really be a government effort too.

Status
Not open for further replies.