What's new

Tutorial Cherry mobile Omega HD (i-mobile IQ6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince2013

Forum Veteran
Reaction
phone.png
Cherry mobile Omega HD (i-mobile IQ6)

Omega HD root
Disclaimer: I will not be liable for bricked devices. Follow these instructions at your own risk. ROOTING VOIDS WARRANTY, as per Cherry Mobile. Please be guided accordingly.

This tutorial is not recommended for newbies. Knowledge of basic adb and fastboot commands is helpful. Better if you have previously installed ADB drivers.

Downloads (You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
SuperSU zip
TWRP
SP Flash Tool
MTK Drivers
MTK 6577 scatter file
if the driver didn't work download this You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
install folder step 1 to 3

Place the scatter file and TWRP recovery in the SAME FOLDER.
rename twrp recovery to recovery.img

1. While the phone is still on, enable USB debugging (Settings > Developer options) then plug into PC. Allow drivers to install. Install the MTK drivers as well.

2. Mount phone as USB storage. Copy SuperSU zip to internal or external SD card. Unmount USB storage, then unplug phone from PC.

2. Turn off phone. Remove the battery.

3. Start SP Flash Tool. Under "Scatter-loading," choose the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt. You will see that RECOVERY has a check beside it. Click on "Download." A warning will appear, proceed anyway.

4. With your phone still off and the battery out, plug it in to the PC. Flashing should start. It will only take a few seconds. You'll see a green circle when it's done.

5. Unplug USB cable and put the battery back.

6. Enter recovery mode by Power and Volume + button. Release both buttons when you see the boot menu. Use Volume + to highlight "recovery." Then use Volume - to confirm.

7. Click "Install." Choose the appropriate tab (internal or external SD card).

8. Select UPDATE-SuperSU-1.25 zip. Swipe to confirm the update. It will flash. Go back to main menu of TWRP.

9. Click "Reboot system." Wait until you are fully booted into your homesceen.

10. Once booted, you should see SuperSU in your app drawer.
credits to ish gridote

OmegaXtremeHD
OmegaXtremeHD.png

• s3 bootanimation n sound
  • s3 boot logo
  • Jelly bean icons
  • iphone ringtones
  • google play music
  • dolphin browser
  • apex launcher
  • deodexed
  • busybox
  • rooted
  • init.d
  • signal tweaks
  • 3g tweaks
  • battery tweaks
  • gpu rendering
  • dns tweaks
  • media tweaks
  • v6 supercharger
  • kickasskernel
  • crossbreeder
  • reorganized build.prop file
uploading
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
try open first in case of corrupt file

remove crossbreeder for much better battery
flash uninstall zip You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

and underclock for much longer battery download setcpu or no frillcpu or anything u want i dnt care..

save rom in SD card
reboot to CWM/TWRP
install rom via SD card
reboot

I'm not responsible for any loss of data or brick....
i think this only works on iq6A

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.