Not open for further replies.

nHenzai

Eternal Poster
Reaction
REQUIREMENTS.
MUST BE ROOTED WITH RECOVERY.
HAVE INIT.D SUPPORT for method 1.
HAVE TERMINAL EMULATOR for method 2.

NOTE: This may work for all android devices but is only tested on a LG D851. The mod will install on all devices but may give unwanted results. If it works let us know. This is 100% safe if you have the uninstaller

GENERAL DISCLAIMER.
XDA and I are NOT responsible if anything wrong happens to your device by using this mod. Always make sure you have a backup ready if needed.

ABOUT THIS MOD.
Here is a very simple mod that I wanted to share. This is what has been labeled in the past as the build property to remove a FPS cap on all android devices. This doesn't actually do that but you will see an increase in frames per second by adjusting the EGL swap interval. Unfortunately, this property has always had big issues with visual artifacts that made it useless to use.
I found it frustrating that we could obtain such a high FPS but plagued with issues. So I spent some time and found a new value. One that could actually work on all android devices. Instead of 1 for stock or 0 for modified. Here is the new value...

debug.egl.swapinterval=-60

A general description...
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

While other negative values may work, -60 brought the most bang for the buck when it came to benchmarks. I am truly excited about finding a way to make it work and although it's just a new value, I would appreciate if you could give me credit if using this property as it is the first time it will actually work the way we want it. This value didn't just fall from the sky. Certainly no need to ask for any permissions.

WAYS TO USE THIS MOD.
I figured many people would at least like to try this out so I made it as easy as possible for newer and more advanced users. The mod is actually really easy to apply. Simply add it to your build.prop file and reboot or use one of methods below.

METHOD 1.
Use the proper flashable zip to install into init.d so the mod is ready directly after a reboot.

METHOD 2. (recommended)
Use the proper flashable zip to install into /system/xbin and call upon it when needed and disable it when not needed.

INSTALLATION.
Method 1
version 1.1
1. Download You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
2. Flash in recovery.
3. Reboot.

METHOD 2.(recommended)
version 1
1. Downloadhttps://You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
2. Flash in recovery.
3. After you reboot open Terminal Emulator and type the following without the quotes.
4. Type "su" and press the enter key.
5. Type "unlockfps" and press enter. This will activate the property for higher fps.
To deactivate type "lockfps"

NOTE: You may need to toggle your screen off/on to fully activate the mod using method 2.
You will also need to activate the mod again after a reboot. The setting won't survive a reboot with method 2.

UNINSTALL
METHOD 1.
version 1.1
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Version 1 (depreciated)

METHOD 2.
version 1

CHANGELOG
Method 1 version 1.1- Fixed permissions.

I have had people tell me battery life is better and some say it's worse. You be the judge and let us know.

Happy Flashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.