What's new

Closed Kobe bryant win an oscars award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Arya Ysabelle

Honorary Poster
Reaction
Kobe Bryant won an Oscar — and it created laughter and anger
THE NBA star now has more gold statues than Tom Cruise, Harrison Ford and Ed Norton combined in a controversial moment.

You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.MARCH 5, 20182:24PM
a7b4fb6761184b2fbb66b1ac44b47b1a.jpg
Filmmaker Kobe Bryant accepts Best Animated Short Film for 'Dear Basketball' from actor Oscar Isaac onstage during the 90th Annual Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)Source:Getty Images

DID Kobe Bryant need another trophy? He just got one — at the Oscars.

Bryant, the retired Los Angeles Lakers star, was nominated in the animated short category for “Dear Basketball,” based on a poem he wrote in 2015 announcing his impending retirement from basketball. He was nominated along with veteran Disney animator Glen Keane.

Bryant’s poem begins: “Dear Basketball, from the moment I started rolling my dad’s tube socks, and shooting imaginary game-winning shots in the Great Western Forum, I knew one thing was real: I fell in love with you.”

It reflects on how time is running out. “I can’t love you obsessively for much longer,” it says. “This season is all I have left to give. My heart can take the pounding, my mind can handle the grind. But my body knows it’s time to say goodbye.”

It ends by counting down the final five seconds on a game clock.

Bryant, 39, a five-time NBA champion, played 20 seasons with the Lakers before retiring last year.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.