What's new

Closed How to root any android device manually

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHC-Emersonbt

Forum Veteran
Reaction
hi morning to all,

I will share how to root your android device manually pero i think it will depend on any brand kasi madami din iba na iba ang gamit sa pag roroot ng kanilang android ito lang po ay share ko para sa iba kung paano ito manually ginagawa gamit ang pc o laptop.

note: please do this at your own risk , im not liable to any brick device you may undergo on your devices.

Requirements and rooting process

Your pitiable unrooted Android device
ADB drivers for your device installed on your pc (I used WinXP. You may use Win 7/Vista or the Linux distro of your choice)
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
A working linux distro with Nautilus (used a You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.)
Strength, courage and whatever makes you a man according to Emerson.

Rooting Process

To start, you must have adb installed on the OS of your choice.
I used my trusty WinXP system.

To confirm your device is properly detected, in the command prompt, run

Code:
adb devices

Now copy busybox, su, superuser.apk to /data/local/tmp/ using adb.

Code:
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp
adb push su /data/local/tmp
adb push Superuser.apk /data/local/tmp

2.png

Now run adb shell

Code:
adb shell

Note that you see a "$" sign in the command prompt. That means you are not rooted.
Next run the following commands in the shell to change permissions and get some limited privileges for the Superuser files:

Code:
chmod 6755 /data/local/tmp/su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/busybox
chmod 644 /data/local/tmp/Superuser.apk

Note that the names of the files are case sensitive.

3.png

Done?
Turn off your Android device using the power button.

Now you need to reboot your system into a Linux distro which has Nautilus.
Android and Linux, having a similar heritage, makes it possible for us to get root access over the Android phone if you are running with root privileges within Linux. I used an Ubuntu 11.04 Live USB disk to save the hassle of installing another os.

When you have booted into Linux, open up terminal and type:

Code:
sudo nautilus

This would open up the Nautilus file browser with root privileges.

Now put your Android device into Download mode.
For Spice MI-410/Huawei Ideos X6/CherryMobile Magnum HD/Wellcom A99 the method is to hold down the Volume up button and simultaneously turn on the phone using the power on switch.

Once in download mode, connect the Android device using the microusb cable to the computer.
Now using the open Nautilus window, navigate to /UserData/local/tmp/ folder and verify that you have the files you sent to the device viz. su, busybox and Superuser.apk

Move/cut-paste su and busybox to /system/bin/ using Nautilus.
Move/cut-paste Superuser.apk to /system/app/ using Nautilus.

Now pull out the battery from your Android device.
I swear, this was the most tedious part on my MI-410 which has such a crappy back cover.

Now simply turn on your device.
You must now have root.

Verify by running:

Code:
adb shell
su

You'll note that the "$" prompt will turn into a "#" and you'll be prompted by a Superuser permission notification on your
device

4.png

You have now completed your initiation brethren.
Welcome to the root club.

5.jpg

Disclaimer:
For all purposes, consider that your warranty will be void if you follow these steps

I am not responsible for any loss, monetary or otherwise arising as a result of this article.
If you don't feel up to it, quit now and close this web page.

I must assert that although I am aware of no reason why this should not work on any Android device, phone or tablet, I have only tested this on my Spice MI-410 crossflashed with the leaked CherryMobile MagnumHD Gingerbread 2.3.4 firmware.

I have tried to explain it in the easiest way I can, but I must state here that this is by no means an easy task and you must persevere. If you can't follow the steps to the letter, its better you don't follow them at all and wait for a single click app for this or a custom rooted firmware.

He conquers who endures.

also credited to Free Radical for his article about rooting.
Hope naka tulong kung paano ito gingawa manually. hit like na lang po.

.pwede b sa CM flare at CM flame ean?

kung cherry mobile flare depende kasi need mo ma meet ang requirements ng pangroot bago mo ito iroot pero ang tanong ko 100% sure ka sa pagroot this thread is only the tutorial kung need mo ng pang root s cm flare mas need mo ung mga bagay na i meet ung required par iroot yan android mo sensya nakatulog ako online lang kasi ako lage dito sa bahay.

" now siguro dapat ishare ko din to ang how to root CM flare" mag mods ano po pwede din ba dito o gawan ko na lang dito?

HOW TO ROOT FLARE

By Jp Garmay, Ba-Ka Mnemonic and Jaem Balmes in Cherry Mobile Flare FB Group
HOW TO ROOT FLARE

Originally Created By: Mon Barbeche

unang step
1. download Pdanet for windows here:
You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

or here how to install ADB driver
skip step 2 and 3 if you Download this

2. install nyo then fallow nyo lang instruction (note wag nyo muna iconnect ung phone sa usb ah). when ask kung anong phone ang meron kau choose ung other brands

3. when ask to connect ung phone connect nyo na (note: be sure na usb debugging is enabled -makikita ito sa settings=Application= developer option then check nyo ung usb debugging ). wait nyo lang macomplete ung installation/ driver instalation hanggang sa matapos, wala kaung gagawin kundi magintay..

after completion ng instalation ng pdanet.. time to root
devmgr.gif

4. download this file:
or this zip version
can open in any OS

5. Unzip nyo tpos DOUBLE CLICK nyo ung "RUNME.BAT" . COMMAND prompt windows will appear. .. hit nyo "1" then enter. (1 is normal rooting kung babasahin nyo)

6. wait lang kayo hanggang sabihin ng command promp na kelangang restore ung phone. check nyo ung phone nyo hit nyo ung "restore my data" tpos wait lang kayo magrestart yan.. wait lang kayo hanggang sabihin ng COMMand prompt na press anykey . press anykey kayo tpos wait nyo lang mag-on na si FLARE.. then aun rooted na yan

ENJOY!

*note for unrooting.after unrooting using RUNME.BAT, delete su in System> Xbin
hindi kasi nadelete ng RUNME.BAT yun eh. so kung di nyo sya idedelete, lalabas na rooted pa din phone nyo

also credited to Gatorade

one more thing im not liable whatever you decide on this rooting method i share on your part this will void the warranty of your device once you brick your device its your own risk...

Attachments

parekoy eto lumalabas sakin.,di nagrestore

the system cannot find the path specified bla bla bla., ngprint screen aq t di lumalabas??

parekoy eto lumalabas sakin.,di nagrestore

the system cannot find the path specified bla bla bla., ngprint screen aq t di lumalabas??

talagang sinubukan mo talaga mag root at di muna pinag aaralan ung mga tut o nag second thing to look for other possible way alin ang way sa pag root,sa smd ba ng pc ung sinasabi mo na di nag rerestore parang same tayo s cloudfone ko ganyan din ang nalabas bakit ganun kung saan ko nakuha ang info about cm flare rooting effective naman sa kanila baka may nakaligtaan ka gawin kasi tayagaan din yan pag root ,

pero kung like mo tlagang paano mag root nyan ito panoorin mo itong video credit to boss ExZeus sya nag share nung video.
"here's how, just follow this video tutorials, madali na alng siguro ito sayo boss"

How to root your android phone (WITHOUT COMPUTER)

baka makatulong pa sa pag root sayo kasi alam ko once nag restore o reboot ang android ay rooted tulad nung cm candy chat froyo ko na isa, gamit ko doon ay gingerbreak,superuser,busybox,at titanium backup.

kaya ba nito mag root ng cherry mobile w300? same lang ba sa flare? help please. thanks in advance

ala ba update??

" now siguro dapat ishare ko din to ang how to root CM flare" mag mods ano po pwede din ba dito o gawan ko na lang dito?

HOW TO ROOT FLARE

By Jp Garmay, Ba-Ka Mnemonic and Jaem Balmes in Cherry Mobile Flare FB Group
HOW TO ROOT FLARE

Originally Created By: Mon Barbeche

unang step
1. download Pdanet for windows here:

or here how to install ADB driver
skip step 2 and 3 if you Download this

2. install nyo then fallow nyo lang instruction (note wag nyo muna iconnect ung phone sa usb ah). when ask kung anong phone ang meron kau choose ung other brands

3. when ask to connect ung phone connect nyo na (note: be sure na usb debugging is enabled -makikita ito sa settings=Application= developer option then check nyo ung usb debugging ). wait nyo lang macomplete ung installation/ driver instalation hanggang sa matapos, wala kaung gagawin kundi magintay..

after completion ng instalation ng pdanet.. time to root
devmgr.gif

4. download this file:

or this zip version

can open in any OS

5. Unzip nyo tpos DOUBLE CLICK nyo ung "RUNME.BAT" . COMMAND prompt windows will appear. .. hit nyo "1" then enter. (1 is normal rooting kung babasahin nyo)

6. wait lang kayo hanggang sabihin ng command promp na kelangang restore ung phone. check nyo ung phone nyo hit nyo ung "restore my data" tpos wait lang kayo magrestart yan.. wait lang kayo hanggang sabihin ng COMMand prompt na press anykey . press anykey kayo tpos wait nyo lang mag-on na si FLARE.. then aun rooted na yan

ENJOY!

*note for unrooting.after unrooting using RUNME.BAT, delete su in System> Xbin
hindi kasi nadelete ng RUNME.BAT yun eh. so kung di nyo sya idedelete, lalabas na rooted pa din phone nyo

also credited to Gatorade

one more thing im not liable whatever you decide on this rooting method i share on your part this will void the warranty of your device once you brick your device its your own risk...
pag na install na ang pedanet is already rooted sir?by the way what ba gamit nito?hehehehe......

Attachments

salamat sa tut ts, hehe, pwede ko tong gawin kung sakali lng namang wala akong flashable zip, tnx for sharing po !

sir ang problem ko po dun sa unit ng asawa ko walang drivers na available sa alcatel ot 90d nya. madami napo ako na try na method wala po nag work. pwde kaya itong method na ito? di kasi ma detect ng pc ko unit nya. gusto ko sana i debloat

Status
Not open for further replies.