What's new

Closed Guide: pc to ps2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PseudoPro

Addict
Reaction
Hello po :)

This is a step by step guide on how can you play Ps2 (PlayStation 2) games on your PC. This suits for those who wants to visit the good old days and remember those nostalgic memories. If you're ready, then let's begin.

Here are the things that you will need:
1.) PCSX2 Emulator Installer: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.
2.) BIOS: You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

You would also need a good computer. The running performance may depends on what specs of your computer have. You would also need a Ps2 controller.

Steps:
1.) Download both the PCSX2 Emulator installer and the BIOS file.

2.) Don't mind the BIOS file just yet. We will tackle that later on. Fire up the installer and there will be a box that's gonna appear. It should something look a lot like this:

-> You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. <-

Click the Next > button then Click Install afterwards. Once the loading is completed, close it.

3.) The installation of the emulator should be complete. At this point, we are going to run the Emulator itself. If you already have the BIOS file downloaded and an extractor then you're pretty much ready. There should be a PCSX2 icon on your desktop.

-> You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. <-

Click that and there should be another box will appear on your sceen. Click Next > twice until you reach to the point of selecting the BIOS rom. Set aside the box for now and let's focus on the BIOS file you've downloaded.

Extract the BIOS file into any location but it is recommended to extract it on your desktop. You will now get this kind of file:

You're going to cut that and paste it to this location:

C:/Users/<name>/Documents/PCSX2/BIOS

As soon as you paste it to that location, you are going to cut everything inside of that 'pcsx2-1.4.0-bios' file move it outside of that very file. It should look something like this.

You can now delete that 'pcsx2-1.4.0-bios' file and close your File Browser. You can now click the Refresh List Button. There should be a list of countries inside of that list. Click the latest USA before clicking Finish.
At this point, you're Emulator is ow fully functional.

4.) To start playing Ps2 games, you need to download an iso file specifically for PlayStation 2. There are a lot of places that you can download iso files but I usually download in this place:

>>> You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.

Not only you can download Ps2 games there, but you can also download different games from different consoles. Assuming you've already downloaded a game you want. To start playing the game, you're going to CDVD> Iso Selector.

(Note: Iso should be selected, not the plugin nor no disc.)

After that click on Browse and find the iso file you've downloaded. Once you've found and selected the sio file, you're going to select Systems> Boot CDVD (Fast). A new window will open. Wait for it to respond and you're ready to play Ps2 games!

Congratulations! You can now play PS2 games in your PC. Now if there are any problems, don't hesitate to ask me. I will help you out whatever I can to solve your problem. However, I can discuss certain problems that you can encounter upon opening or installing the emulator.

Problem 1: If you are experiencing runtime errors, it must be that it is either the Microsoft Visual or the DirectX is not installed properly. Consult to the official Microsoft page to download the original and latest ones.

Problem 2: If you are having low FPS, it must that it is either your cmputer is not suitable or the defualt configuration is not suitable for that specific game. It is suggested to consult video tutorials to fix these problems.

You can also cheat the games you are playing but I will discuss that in another time. One more thing, you -need to have a Ps2 controller to play the game. You won't have a built-in button screen on you screen. I believe that there are Gamepads in the nearest Cd-Kings out there or maybe you could buy Ps2 to PC adaptors.

Well ayun lang po ngayon :) Sana po nakatulong po ako :D

Status
Not open for further replies.