1. Welcome to PHCorner Forums. Take a moment to Sign up and gain unlimited access and extra privileges that guests are not entitled to, such as:

    All that and more! Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!

Green Card 101 - Details on Green Card

Discussion in 'New Member' started by mikejhon, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Procedures regarding immigration law are often very sensitive and timely. Legislation is under continual evaluation and reform, we like to keep our clients informed and updated. The following are some frequently asked questions about immigration processes:
    Q: What is a green card?
    A: Aes an alien (foreign national) the right to permanently live and work in the United States . The card itself is a government-issued identification (about the size of and resembles a driver's license), that serves as proof of permanent resident status in the U.S. A green card holder, also known as a lawful permanent resident (LPR), may leave and re-enter the U.S. at any time and has the opportunity to become a U.S. citizen. Although referred to as "permanent," a green card may be revoked if the holder breaks certain laws, does not maintain residence in the U.S., or travels outside the U.S. for an extended period of time.
    Q: Can my relative sponsor me for a green card?
    A: If you have a relative who is a U.S. citizen or who has permanent residency status, you may also be eligible to obtain permanent status in the United States . For the relative to sponsor you to immigrate to the United States , he/she must be a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and be able to provide documentation proving that status. He/she must also provide documentation that shows that he/she can support you at above the mandated poverty line, by filling out an Affidavit of Support.
    Most importantly, your eligibility to be sponsored by your relative in the United States depends on whether your relative is a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident. Any U.S. citizen may sponsor his or her close family members for a green card. Provided that the sponsor is at least 21 years old, this includes a husband or wife, unmarried children under the age of 21, a married son and daughter of any age, siblings, and parents. A green card holder (lawful permanent resident), may sponsor their husband or wife, and/or unmarried son or daughter of any age.
Tags / Keywords:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page