News & Current Events

All about major events in the Philippines and all over the world.
MANILA, Philippines – Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Benhur Abalos announced on Tuesday, October 18, that the alleged suspect in the killing of broadcaster Percival “Percy Lapid” Mabasa surrendered to the authorities. Abalos presented Joel Estorial and said the alleged gunman in Lapid’s killing surrendered out of fear on October 17. The interior chief added Estorial also made an extrajudicial confession – this means Estorial made the confession outside of a court or as part of judicial proceeding or probe. “Natakot po ako ‘tsaka nakonsensya po ako sa paggawa kay Percy Lapid po (I was afraid and conscience-struck for the killing of Percy Lapid),” Estorial said, adding that he confessed because his face...
Tanging si bbm lang ang pinayagang makausap ni biden out of 48 head of state.. Tinawag na talagang south china sea hndi na west philippine sea.. Anyway panu kaya kung iba ang nanalo baka magkodigo or gumamit ng translator sa pakikipag usap. Source: Marcos meets Biden in first bilateral talks between PH, US in years
"There are those that are complaining why I have made it optional because according to them, now, if we take off the face mask, their flat nose and their ugly face will now finally be revealed. So, it’s optional. You can continue to cover your flat nose and your ugly face." Ito ang bahagi ng mataray na paliwanag ni Cebu Governor Gwen Garcia sa kanyang Facebook live conference na naganap ngayong Biyernes, June 10, 2022, tungkol sa desisyon niyang gawing optional ang pagsusuot ng face mask sa lalawigang nasasakupan niya. Isa si Department of Health Undersecretary Maria Rosario Vergeire sa nagpahayag ng pagkagulat tungkol sa executive order ni Garcia tungkol sa paggamit ng face mask sa Cebu dahil hindi umano kinonsulta ang kanilang...
CENTRAL MINDANAO-Binawian ng buhay ang isang guro at sugatan ang dalawa nitong kasama sa vehicular crash sa probinsya ng Cotabato. Nakilala ang nasawi na si Haresh Dan Yusop.32 anyos,guro at residente ng Barangay Kayaga Kabacan Cotabato. Ayon sa ulat ng pulisya matulin umano ang takbo nang minamanehong kotse ng biktima at sumagi sa center island sa Barangay Poblacion Matalam Cotabato. Hindi na nakontrola ng driver ang manobela ng kotse kaya bumangga ito sa nakaparadang ten wheeler truck. Binawian ng buhay si Yusop habang naisugod sa pagamutan si Shirly Ramos at isang menor de edad na sakay ng Toyota Wigo. Sa ngayon ay nagpapatuloy ang imbestigasyon ng Matalam PNP sa naturang pangyayari. Guro patay 2 sugatan sa vehicular...
Tumilapon at humataw sa kalsada ang isang siklista makaraang matumbok ng rumaragasang Ambulance na may sakay na Emergency patient na dadalhin sa pagamutan kahapon ng umaga sa kahabaan ng Centennial Highway, Brgy. Batong Dalig, Kawit, Cavite. Hindi na naisalba ang buhay ng biktimang si Reynaldo Ortiz Reformado, nasa hustong gulang at residente ng Kawit, Cavite. Hawak naman ng pulisya ang driver ng ambulansya na si Romel Armiendo Armonia, nasa hustong gulang. Sa imbestigasyon ng Kawit Police, alas-7:15 ng umaga habang bumabagtas ang siklista sa nasabing highway nang masalpok ng Nissan NV350 Urvan na ambulansya na may conduction sticker...
RAGNAROK BEGINS The popular MMORPG that influenced generations, Ragnarok Online, presents a new adventure in the series, Ragnarok Begins! Become the hero of an epic adventure set in the fantastical world of Midgard!. Featuring a vast fantasy world full of mysterious monsters and epic characters with the classic Ragnarok art style, reborn as a side-scrolling arcade-style MMORPG. Explore unique landscapes from the depths of the sea to the deserts of Morroc with legendary kingdoms and mythical dungeons!. ADD INFO 610MB+ Resource Pätch Min Req: SD 660/3GB RAM OCT 14 ~ 18 (PT) DOWNLOAD GPlay Store | APKCombo
MANILA, Philippines — Celebrity doctor Vicki Belo revealed that she had stage 3 brɇast cancer in 2016. In her new interview with Korina Sanchez, Vicki said she sought treatment in Europe and New York and was told that she only had two years to live. "This is the first time I’m going to discuss it and only because I trust you and I think it’s over,” Vicki told Korina. “I had cancer in 2016. I was diagnosed with third stage cancer of the brɇast,” she added. The celebrity doctor said that her doctor told her not to bother trying chemotherapy because she will be dead in two years. “I was diagnosed I think in January of the year then I went to Europe and I was told by them there that I was going to die —’Don’t bother to have chemo...
MANILA — Books about the late Philippine dictator Ferdinand Marcos and his brutal era of martial law are flying off the shelves, spurred by “panic buying” after his son and namesake won a May 9 presidential election. Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s presidency, set to begin on June 30, has many people worried about losing access to books and other accounts of his father’s rule, given his family’s decades-long effort to rehabilitate its name through what critics describe as a campaign of historical revisionism. “They are panic buying,” Alexine Parreno said of her customers, many them parents buying books about martial law aimed at children. “They are really worried and scared that the books will be pulled out and that everything will...
The ex-wife of Sen. Koko Pimentel, Bb. Pilipinas Universe 1998 Jewel May Lobaton, was arrested for estafa - A mugshot of the beauty queen was released by PNP Laoag - Radyo Bandera Kalibo reported that Lobaton was also arrested in Laoag City - The senator and the beauty queen separated in 2013, and it was also during that time that she accused the senator of economic and psychological abuse
Netizens were left confused after former senator Tito Sotto said he waited 34 years for his proposal of a SIM card registration bill to get passed. On October 10, President Marcos Jr. signed the SIM registration bill, the first ever since winning the presidency. Republic Act No. (RA) 11934, or “An Act Requiring the Registration of SIM Cards” will require Filipinos and foreigners to register their names on any sim card they purchase. The law aims to lessen text messaging scams in the country. “FINALLY!!! After 34 years of my proposal, now a law! Praise God!!!” Former senator Ping Lacson congratulated his ex-running partner on the accomplishment. “Yes, I still remember my interpellation when you sponsored the measure on the...
i hope Philippines will remain neutral in this war, para less casualties, mahihirapan lang talaga tayo sa pagkain at basic needs, since there will be supply shortages and price surge during world war 2, a lot of countries are neutral at hindi nadamay sa gulo, sad for Philippines dahil andito US at Japan kaya madami din casualties what is happening now is calm before the storm
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte ordered an end to e-****** operations following the recommendation of Interior Secretary Eduardo Año, citing its social cost to Filipinos. According to Duterte, an order stopping e-****** operations will come out by Tuesday. “The recommendation of Sec. Año is to do away with e-******,” Duterte said in his Talk to the People taped on Monday and aired on Tuesday. “It’s his recommendation and I agree with it, e-****** will end by tonight, bukas, lalabas ito bukas [tomorrow, the order will come out tomorrow],” he added. Before this, Duterte disclosed having asked Año to conduct a survey through the Department of the Interior and Local Government to find out the social impact of online...
TROPICAL DEPRESSION "MAYMAY" ASAHAN BAGO MAG LANFALL SA SOUTHERN AURORA O HILAGANG QUEZON ISA NALANG ITONG LPA, AT ANG LPA NASA WEST PHILIPPINE SEA POSIBLENG MAGING BAGYO SA SUSUNOD NA ARAW. FULL UPDATE: huling namataan ngayong hapon si Tropical Depression =AZUS8YUouGjoMg7izij0slwx-JuJInCsnbgZ26Zjvw0If4qYYqaccqajju4PD4rReQsYY2qVDuT_addZ5DFpK9jOUciQ822TqgSHOox4eGrrxEZEzC4i0xN6paaIzdDbRXcFHhsOYr8SYnmoyjsIEfgNqYMxuVU4UwFNnmMmaroqorjbor9QqUi1dJgfIlw9hMk&tn=*NK-R']#MaymayPh sa layong 305 km Silangan ng Baler, Aurora na may lakas ng hanging aabot sa 45 kph at pagbugsong aabot sa 55 kph. •Asahan si Maymay Bago mag lanfall isa nalang itong LPA habang tatawid ito bukas sa southern Aurora o hilagang Quezon. Ang Shear Line at TD Maymay ay...
MANILA, Philippines — Norway plans to introduce new renewable energy technologies to the Philippines in support of the country’s push to utilize more clean energy sources. “Norway is a long-term partner of the Philippines. We are also looking to expand these strong ties into new industries, such as renewable energy, where Norwegian companies have a lot to offer,” Norwegian ambassador-designate to the Philippines Christian Halaas Lyster said. A leading player in renewable energy globally, Norway expressed readiness to assist the Philippines in its goal of increasing the share of renewable energy in the energy mix to 30 percent by 2030. Norwegian companies are looking forward in particular to explore offshore wind opportunities with...
A possible Amasia configuration 280 million years into the future. Credit: Curtin University New research has found that the world’s next supercontinent, Amasia, will most likely form when the Pacific Ocean closes in 200 to 300 million years. A Curtin University-led research team used a supercomputer to simulate how a supercontinent forms. They discovered that because the Earth has been cooling for billions of years, the thickness and strength of the plates under the oceans reduce with time, making it difficult for the next supercontinent to assemble by closing the “young” oceans, such as the Atlantic or Indian oceans. The study was published recently in National Science Review. According to lead author Dr. Chuan Huang, from Curtin’s...
Florida Department of Health sent this bulletin at 10/07/2022 State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo Issues New mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, State Surgeon General Dr. Joseph A. Ladapo has announced new guidance regarding mRNA vaccines. The Florida Department of Health (Department) conducted an analysis through a self-controlled case series, which is a technique originally developed to evaluate vaccine safety. This analysis found that there is an 84% increase in the relative incidence of cardiac-related death among males 18-39 years old within 28 days following mRNA vaccination. With a high level of global immunity to COVID-19, the benefit of vaccination is likely outweighed by this abnormally high risk...
A Cancer-Fighting Version of Herpes Shows Promise in Early Human Trial At least one patient with advanced cancer experienced a complete remission after being treated with a modified herpes virus. By Ed Cara (Gizmodo) Scientists may be able to turn a long-time germ foe into a cancer-fighting ally, new research this week suggests. In preliminary data from a Phase I trial, a genetically modified version of the herpes virus has shown promise in treating difficult-to-eradicate tumors, with one patient having experienced a complete remission for 15 months so far. Much more research will be needed to confirm the treatment’s early success, however. The viral treatment is known as RP2 and is a genetically engineered strain of herpes simplex...
BOGOR, Indonesia - President Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos Jr. is confident that the relations between the Philippines and Indonesia will remain stable in the coming years. --- During Marcos' bilateral meeting with Indonesian President Joko Widodo on Monday, the Philippine leader mentioned the significance of his first visit to Jakarta, saying that the two countries are close in terms of geographical location, culture, and ethnicity. "I think that it is going to be the strong partnerships that we will make as we slowly come out of the pandemic economy is what is going to lead us to success," Marcos said. "That is why we go once again to our friends and to our partners around the world especially in the region, especially together...
Back