News & Current Events

All about major events in the Philippines and all over the world.
The pìrâ†é Bay has closed its registrations last May 2019. Following the closure of RARBG and the registration closure of 1337x, we at TPB have thought about new generation of torrent uploaders no longer have a home, hence the opening of new user registration. So for those mga ka-PHC diyan who are into torrenting and want to upload torrents at TPB please read this main article: pirates-forum.org/thread-thepiratebay-new-tpb-accounts-available You can also let me know for fast account creation since only mods can create accounts for now. You need mod approval so if andito ka sa PHC you can easily be verified if you let me know.
MANILA, Philippines — Telco giant PLDT Inc. has committed to bring in tech investors into the Philippines to support the country’s goal of becoming one of the hyperscale hubs in Southeast Asia. According to PLDT Global Corp. president and CEO Albert Villa-Real, the firm aims to support the Philippines in its path to becoming a center for hyperscale investments in the region. “PLDT Global remains committed to providing innovative platforms and channels to our global network of carriers and technology partners (and) connecting them to a huge market of potential clients not only overseas, but also in the Philippines,” Villa-Real said. PLDT Global, the international unit of PLDT, vowed to pitch its parent’s extensive infrastructure to...
TEAM ZUCK O TEAM ELON? Sa ngayon, wala pang detalye ukol sa cage match na ito. Nagsasanay si Meta boss Mark Zuckerberg para sa mixed martial arts debut, update niya sa kanyang Instagram account. Nitong Mayo lang, nanalo siya ng gold at silver medals sa kanyang unang Brazilian jiu-jitsu tournament, ayon sa mga ulat. Via News5
THE official YøùTùbé channel of evangelist Apollo Quiboloy was removed by the video sharing website on Wednesday. On Twitter, YøùTùbé confirmed the removal of the channel after a Canadian user by the name of @OrdinaryGamers, called on them to do so. "Yo someone at @TeamYøùTùbé has to help the feds or shut this account down," he wrote on Tuesday at 5:20 a.m. (Philippine time). "Actual human trafficking priest is running a channel still reaching out to victims less than 12 hours ago." Pastor Quiboloy YøùTùbé page removed© Provided by The Manila Times YøùTùbé responded over 24 hours after the original tweet was made. "Upon review, we've determined that the channel is in violation of Community Guidelines and has been terminated,"...
Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, June 26) — The Philippine government is optimistic that they can bring home the three Filipinos recently pardoned by the United Arab Emirates (UAE) government. Two of the convicts were saved from death row due to drug charges while the other Filipino convict was charged with slander according to a statement released by Malacañang last week. President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. made a request to UAE President Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan to pardon the Filipinos through a special letter. "Very frequent din magbigay ng pardon ang UAE sa ating mga kababayan na nagkaroon na ng sentensya o facing the maximum sentence. This is part of diplomacy," Foreign Affairs Assistant Secretary Paul Cortes told CNN...
Humingi ng paumanhin si Herlene Budol sa paraan ng pagsagot niya sa Miss Grand Philippines 2023 sashing ceremony at press conference noong June 20, 2023. Na-bash nang husto si Herlene ng netizens dahil sa kanyang "pagpapakatotoo" sa press conference. Read: Herlene Budol, nabatikos sa "pagpapakatotoo" sa Miss Grand PH 2023 interview
The Philippine embassy in Moscow advised Filipinos in Russia to stay vigilant and take precautions as security was tightened amid the Russian paramilitary unit Wagner’s mutiny. =AT3Dnh7RxRCjFQT0YsymxsktQlOBnjYhC59zO926dgvxtliVmHtb9Um_fUVDJJrWH5YKdhafwvfeBVaXHHiLZ6rpIb7vk-UoiFzXjprn7lai7zm_Wa-5-z5-BW6FpqPq1C381t2k_D4jf9lJ9bf5HBOwbV5XabCt5yiyWhe3DL9H9PtVnASWC89kcpR4H8BZ1tfM9ZlqcH8O3rlp79URmhTr18qmCtF7neq1VHg']http://bitly.ws/Jzto | via =AZUAm9h-PinGORa5KCXO2w1Hhku5DVNi5hUSKSe6ZRGgvJA9OfHTPIV8cBgI1jueL9qp-8tAXeAB5qOycFluZFQbIxtVLW0tKkkLpl9drSgZ6V0C0oO7o3t3lw-uflZADFC-2NEv-4VELwBWokgQ8xSMmiPOEwuJWtjDdmgJsn5ue1iTb7ZEYJmBjReAP6EwVF9Gtj37kLPpiM-NMkiGPALr&tn=-]K-R']ONE News
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/22/us/submersible-titanic-oceangate-search-thursday/index.html The amount of oxygen in a missing submersible with five people on board is becoming a vital issue, some experts say, as more advanced equipment is rushed to the North Atlantic Ocean in a complex international search operation now at its most critical juncture. The submersible, known as “Titan,” begins each trip to explore the wreckage of the Titanic with an estimated 96 hours of life support and has been missing since Sunday morning, setting up Thursday morning as a key target for finding the vessel and those on board. Banging noises detected on Tuesday and Wednesday from underneath the water in the massive search area have provided...
MANILA, Philippines — Pastor Apollo Quibuloy is unperturbed by the recent termination of his YøùTùbé channel, claiming that this persecution by the United States is nothing new to him. “Nothing new, pareho pa rin mga issues (it’s the same issues),” Quibuloy said in an interview on SMNI. The religious leader also dared his detractors to continue with their attacks on him. “To those who are attacking me and those who want to attack me, to all of you, even America, you all are now meddling, I dare you to reveal everything you have against me,” he said in Filipino, claiming he is “bulletproof.” “I want to let you know, I am bulletproof. I am not affected by anything you do against me,” he said. “You think I will cower and that my...
From the Wagner official channel: Again auto translate: ❗️ These scum launched rocket attacks on our rear camps. A large number of our soldiers died. “Minister Shoigu cowardly fled from Rostov. At 21:00, he fled, so as not to explain why he was raising helicopters to destroy the fighters, why he was launching missile strikes. This bastard will be stopped." Shoigu will be hanged on Red Square and lie down in the mausoleum with Lenin, - Prigozhin. "We were vilely deceived and tried to deprive us of the opportunity to defend our homes and disperse the Wagner PMC.ㅤ We were ready to make concessions to the Ministry of Defense, surrender our weapons and find a solution on how we would continue to defend our country. We will decide how we...
Baron Geisler is not afraid to die. That's what the actor said on "Fast Talk with Boy Abunda" Friday, when asked a hypothetical question by the King of Talk if he is ready to die. “God’s will naman lahat eh,” Baron confidently responded, saying he was already pondering the question in a fellowship. “But if I do die tonight while I sleep, I think I’m ready.” “I think I’m ready. I’m not afraid to die,” he continued. Baron's troubled past is not a mystery to fans of Philippine showbiz. He previously made headlines for a number of problematic behavior. In 2019 however, he said he was a changed man. He was even chosen as an ambassador of peace and prosperity by the Sultanate of Sulu and North Borneo in the same year. He noted that the...
Season 3 of NATO-Russia War In an interview with Germany’s Welt am Sonntag published on Sunday, Stoltenberg declared that “peace cannot mean freezing the conflict and accepting a deal that is dictated by Russia.” Stoltenberg added that “only Ukraine can define the conditions that are acceptable,” an explicit endorsement of Kiev’s vow to drive Russian forces back to pre-conflict borders and seize the Russian territory of Crimea. “If NATO, through the mouth of Stoltenberg, once again declares that they are against freezing, as they say, the conflict in Ukraine, then they want to fight,” Lavrov told a press conference. “Well, let them fight, we are ready for this, we have long understood the goals of NATO in the situation around Ukraine...
GTV Logo GTV broke the internet on Tuesday following the announcement of "It's Showtime" airing soon on the said channel. For those who didn't know, GTV, also known as Good Television, is a Philippines free-to-air television network wholly owned by GMA Network. Previously known as GMA News TV, GTV on Channel 27 was launched in 2021 as the channel shifted from focusing on all news to expanding to some lifestyle and entertainment programs. Among its programs include "Balitanghali," "Dapat Alam Mo!" and "Farm to Table." It also airs the NCAA. Earlier today, GTV and Vice Ganda teased netizens with a poster about airing "It's Showtime" on its channel. An hour later, the official announcement was made on social media through a statement...
JUST IN: Judge Romeo Buenaventura, who handles former senator Leila de Lima's remaining drug charge, voluntarily inhibits himself from the case. This means he will stop handling the pending case. His decision comes after De Lima's co-accused asked him to inhibit. | via Jairo Bolledo/Rappler
PAG-ASA ISLAND, Philippines – Harassment still prevails in the West Philippine Sea (WPS) as the Chinese Coast Guard continues to intimidate fisherfolk on Pag-asa Island, contradicting earlier claims of authorities that fishers are free to fish in the contested area. In interviews with The STAR, residents on this island said fisherfolk decided not to go where Chinese militia and coast guard are deployed to avoid being harassed, rather than claim that intimidation from Chinese vessels was a thing of the past. Larry Hugo, who in 2021 posted on Facebook that the Chinese Coast Guard tried to ram his boat, recalled how furious he was at the time. “I nearly died because of that incident. I did not expect it to trend on social media as I...
Magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck Calatagan, Batangas; tremor felt in Metro Manila – Phivolcs MANILA, Philippines — Calatagan, Batangas was the epicenter of a magnitude 6.2 earthquake early Thursday morning that was felt in portions of Metro Manila, according to state seismologists. According to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology, the tectonic tremor occurred at 10:19 a.m., four kilometers southwest of the said area, had a depth of 103 kilometers, according to the Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs). The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (Phivolcs) has reported that an earthquake with Intensity IV was felt in Quezon City. Residents are advised to brace themselves for...
HISTORY BURNS Firefighters battle the fire at the Post Office building in Manila on Monday, May 22, 2023. AFP PHOTO NATIONAL IDs due for delivery in Manila may have been damaged or destroyed by the fire that gutted the iconic Manila Central Post Office building on Sunday, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) said. In a statement Monday, the PSA said it is coordinating with the Philippine Postal Corp. (PHLPost) on the IDs that may have been lost in the fire. "Based on the initial information provided by the PHLPost, only PhilIDs for delivery in the City of Manila were affected by the fire," the PSA said. "We also wish to clarify that PhilIDs for delivery of the PHLPost are sorted and stored at the PHLPost Central Mail Exchange...
INDONESIAN businessman Dato' Sri Tahir has donated more than P41 million to the Philippine government to support President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.'s social programs, Malacañang said Thursday. The commitment was made during Tahir's meeting with the President in Malacañang on Wednesday, where the businessman also promised to support the other projects of the Marcos administration. Indonesian billionaire donates P41M to PH© Provided by The Manila Times During the meeting, Tahir "handed over" SG$1 million or P41.6 million, Presidential Communications Secretary Cheloy Garafil said in a statement. Garafil said Tahir met the Marcoses in Hawaii when they were in exile in 1986. She added that Tahir was very excited to see Marcos when he won...
Thirty Nobel Peace Prize laureates, including Rappler CEO Maria Ressa, joined Pope Francis in appealing for closer brotherhood and sisterhood to prevent war, sexual violence, forced migration, and the manipulation of artificial intelligence (AI).
Vice President Sara Duterte on Monday recognized her predecessor, former Vice President Leni Robredo, for her “institutional support” of the Office of the Vice President (OVP). Duterte recognized Robredo's contributions during the “Pasidungog,” an OVP thanksgiving event for its partners who played a “significant impact in expanding the scope and enriching the socioeconomic programs” of the OVP throughout the year. Robredo was not present in the event, but Angat Buhay Executive Director Raphael Magno received the plaque on her behalf. Aside from Robredo, Duterte also handed out plaques to 432 local and private entities, government agencies, and key persons for their contributions to the OVP's programs. “We are here because of our...
The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) released new photos of Mayon volcano's summit on Saturday, where a new lava dome can be seen emerging. PHIVOLCS posted the new photos on social media with a caption that described what was going on at Mayon's summit. "A new summit lava dome in the Mayon Volcano Crater emerges as its pre-existing one has been pushed out in increments that formed rockfall in the first week of June 2023," said PHIVOLCS. It added that the photos were taken by the Mayon Volcano Observatory at 5:45 a.m. PHIVOLCS reported one volcanic earthquake and 59 rockfall events in the past 24 hours. "Between 5 a.m. kahapon and 5 a.m. ngayon, we recorded 59 rockfall events. Mas mababa ito kumpara sa...
Jili ******s in PH still using the "Gcash under maintainance" excuse to get more Money from players. It's been more than a week since gcash was häçked, and more than a week narin since all 1000 users affected by the attack received their money back....for the entire week hindi ako naka experience ng "gcash is unvailable, please come back later" sa gcash app ko... meaning ok yung system nila. Pero ang mga butihin at paborito nating mga online slots and ******s, abay ginagamit parin ang excuse na "GCASH is Under Maintenance" to legally get more money from players. Yes that is correct. come on guys we experienced naman last week diba? pag nakalagay undermaintenance when u check the app, makikita natin na down nga talaga Gcash, may...
Speeding Ticket© Motor1.com The country bases speeding fines on the person's income, and this is one of the wealthiest people in the country. No one likes getting a speeding ticket, but we suspect Finnish businessman Anders Wiklöf is smarting after getting his recent citation. The staggering fine was the equivalent of $129,400 (121,000 euros). Wiklöf was traveling 51 miles per hour (82 kilometers per hour) in a 31-mph (50-kph) zone. He told the Nya Åland newspaper that the road switched from a 44-mph (70-kph) limit down to 31 mph. He claimed he was slowing down, but not before the police caught him speeding. "I really regret the matter and hope that the money is in any case used for healthcare through the treasury," he said in a...
INFO Faculty of the UP School of Economics bluntly say Marcos' P500-billion Maharlika Investment Fund 'violates fundamental principles of economics and finance and poses serious risks to the economy and the public sector' MANILA, Philippines – The controversial Maharlika Investment Fund is just a signature away from becoming law, and some economists and academics are making last-minute efforts to urge President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. and his team to revisit the proposal. Faculty members of the University of the Philippines School of Economics (UPSE) issued a strongly-worded discussion paper on Tuesday, June 6, a week after both chambers of Congress swiftly acted on the measure, saying that the Maharlika fund “violates fundamental...
Kosovo crisis NATO is increasing its troop deployment in Kosovo by 700 soldiers due to escalating tensions with ethnic Serbs. NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has emphasized the need for attacks in Kosovo to cease and assured that NATO will take necessary actions to maintain a safe environment. Stoltenberg urged both sides to de-escalate, avoid further irresponsible behavior, and resume EU-backed talks to improve relations. Recent clashes between NATO soldiers and ethnic Serbs, as well as protesters, resulted in injuries. The situation arose from tensions between Serbia and Kosovo, with Serbia not recognizing Kosovo’s declaration of independence. Ethnic Albanians constitute the majority in Kosovo, while a Serb minority resides...
Back