What's new

Help ZLT S12 Pro OpenWrt

Does it have difference on speed vs the stock firmware? I'm planning to use it as my backup router with MultiWAN configured incase our main internet fails.
Speed as in network throughput from the mobile ISP? You can't get more "speed" from what you are already getting from the stock firmware if you use OpenWrt because that is already the hard physical limit of the signal, not unless you can find proof that the stock firmware is doing some limit on the throughput of what you should be getting.

What I can tell you is that you can vastly improve bufferbloat in OpenWrt, depending on your use-case scenario and assuming you find the right setup. Not to mention you can do more in OpenWrt over the stock firmware.

• Love
Reactions: AGM
Speed as in network throughput from the mobile ISP? You can't get more "speed" from what you are already getting from the stock firmware if you use OpenWrt because that is already the hard physical limit of the signal, not unless you can find proof that the stock firmware is doing some limit on the throughput of what you should be getting.

What I can tell you is that you can vastly improve bufferbloat in OpenWrt, depending on your use-case scenario and assuming you find the right setup. Not to mention you can do more in OpenWrt over the stock firmware.
I'm planning to use MultiWAN and SQM QOS and set as my zlt s12 pro as my backup router, that's why I'm considering installing OpenWrt than purchasing another OpenWRT compatible router. I might install it this weekend if I have the time. Thank you so much.