What's new

Closed HELP PLEASE... COURSE IN COLLEGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there. I am torn between IT and Chemical Engineering. I really don't know what course to choose between these two. I know that IT industry will have better opportunities in the future (and competitive salary ofc), I would say that I have the skills how technology and computer works. In Chemical Engineering, I became interested in it when I was a Grade 11 student and became fascinated with it.

Please help me to decide.

Hi!

It would really depend on you. If you think that you already have the skills on technology and computer, I think it's best to sharpen these skills further. Yes, you are right that the IT industry offers competitive salary to IT experts. Here's You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. It was even listed as one of the best jobs in the United States last year. So, if you are planning to work abroad, it's best to take any IT-related program.

On the other hand, it's great that something apart from technology sparks your interest. If you'd take ChemEng, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. says the average pay of Chemical Engineering professionals is roughly PhP 242 per hour.

Do you want to sharpen your skill or do you want to feed your interest? The call's on you.

HELLO EVERYBODY! nakapili na po ako. I choose BS Computer Science over Chemical Engineering. Yeah 10 years more we live on technology driven world, plus salary, and I have the skills naman to continue with this profession. I did enroll in PUP Sta. Mesa. Freshie hehe :) Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Thanks for helping!

BS Chem Eng'g major in IT(Inom Tagay). magtapos ka lang kahit alin jan. masaya na parents mo. study hard.

ang alam ko sa chemical engineering, hindi actually puro chemicals..kung interested ka sa chemicals, better take chemistry..ang chem eng, parang mixed engineering..civil,electronics, electrical, mechanical..ang main idea daw po ng chem eng is find a way to earn money...saan mas kikita..example po, chem eng grad kayo then marunong kayo sa mix mix..nakagawa kayo sabon(part po yan ng chemisty) pero magiging competitive ba? effective ba compared sa nasa market? cost of materials mo plus labor..lahat po yan pag aaralan mo..like shabu..may orig na timpla eh since chemical yan, pwede laruin..dadami quantity yet lower quality but ano ba hinahabol ng masa? yun abot kamay ang presyo..smartphone, may samsung pero may cherry..eh bakit may bumibili ng cherry?

another chem eng work..isang machine bought at around P 30M from a developed country at may kasama pa operator na foreigner yun na pasasahurin ng company dito..then pinag aralan ng mga pinoy chem eng ang design at nakagawa sila worth P3M..the orig one will last 10 yrs while the pinoy design 5 yrs..yan ang work ng chem eng..but then think of the future..ano ba ang in demand ngayun? d ba puro computers? ikaw pa rin magbabalanse ng gusto mo..another thing kaya ka mag aaral para someday kumita..saan ka ba may contact? importante yan sa future mo..kung lalaban ka ng parehas sa pag apply, sa dami ng grads kaiilangan as in maganda grades mo from a reputable school..if average ka then need mo contact na makakatulong sa iyo..reality yan..

Hi!

It would really depend on you. If you think that you already have the skills on technology and computer, I think it's best to sharpen these skills further. Yes, you are right that the IT industry offers competitive salary to IT experts. Here's You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now.. It was even listed as one of the best jobs in the United States last year. So, if you are planning to work abroad, it's best to take any IT-related program.

On the other hand, it's great that something apart from technology sparks your interest. If you'd take ChemEng, You do not have permission to view the full content of this post. Log in or register now. says the average pay of Chemical Engineering professionals is roughly PhP 242 per hour.

Do you want to sharpen your skill or do you want to feed your interest? The call's on you.

thanks dito, may friend kasi akong chem eng :D

Status
Not open for further replies.