1. Welcome to PHCorner Forums. Take a moment to Sign up and gain unlimited access and extra privileges that guests are not entitled to, such as:

    All that and more! Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today!

Trivia Makati Central Business District 1900's.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by meowzkingz, Jun 2, 2015.

  1. Makati Central Business District 1900's.

    In 1851, Don José Bonifacio Roxas (an ancestor of the Zobel de Ayala family) purchased the Jesuit estate of "Hacienda San Pedro de Macati" for 52,800 pesos.Since then, the development of Makati has remained linked with the Zóbel de Ayala family and their company, Ayala Corporation.

    1960s, Makati has transformed into the financial and commercial capital of the country.

    During 1960's the terms of town Mayors Máximo Estrella, Rafael Bañola, José Luciano, Cézar Alzona and Nemesio Yabut,

    massive development of the town took place, and foreign and local investors were welcomed to what was tagged as the nation's number one municipality at the time. Makati's central location also made it an industrial hub for major national and international corporations. Partly as a result a new town hall just miles from the old one was built in 1962 just along J.P. Rizal Street (the old hall was later converted into the city museum). Mayor Bañola's term of office as town executive saw the building up of what is now the Ayala Center with the help of the Ayala firm, which would become the city's central shopping center of today.

    In 1975, Fomer President Marcos. Makati was separated from Rizal province along with Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, Quezon City, Marikina, San Juan, Pasig, Mandaluyong, Pateros, Taguig, Pasay City, Parañaque, Las Piñas, and Muntinlupa, to become part of the National Capital Region as a component city.

    Fast fact the Original name of Makati was San Pedro de Macati,
    [​IMG]
     
Tags / Keywords: